Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Halloween (a bit late)

I do know that Halloween was 5 months ago! But as I said about 5 or 6 posts back I need to catch up on our blog, so I am posting things a bit out of order. Please bear with me. And maybe our halloween pictures during winter will cheer you up and put a smile on your face!

For Halloween this year Emma was Thing 2 and her best friend, Katelyn was Thing 1 (she is not pictured because we spent halloween in Rexburg this year with Jenni and her family). Jack was a skeleton and Charley was a transformer. We decided to go to Rexburg because for years Jake and I had wanted to go to Harriman State Park in Island Park to attend their Halloween Festival. And let me tell we were so impressed with their Halloween Festival/spook alley! (I even got a bit of a scare in the spook alley! Yes there were screams!) We had such a great time. It will definitely be a halloween tradition. The Festival always falls on the Saturday before halloween and since halloween was on Saturday this year they had it on Halloween. It was a wonderful time and believe me the kids got plenty of candy!








Charley on the hayride (about a mile long with lots of spooks on the way)

Enjoying the hayride
Again on the hayride
Jenni and Sterling on the hayride
All the kids before getting their loot! Jessica, Mike and her childeren also joined us along with Chance (Sterling's son).

Nothing like a family picture with a skeleton.


About to go on a horse race! They had lots of fun Halloween carnival games for the kids.


Jack riding the wooden horse. And then we ended the night with hot chocolate and a donut. It was an enjoyable night! Please join us next year......

4 comments:

  1. There's an annual Halloween celebration @ Harriman?! How have I never heard of this awesomeness???? I want to go with you guys this year if I can somehow get my booty up there! That sounds so COOL!

    The kids all look so great in their costumes! Love Emma's Thing 2 costume so much! That made me laugh-so creative with the blue hair and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Autumn: Emma and her friend came up with the idea all on their own! We searched for a blue wig but could not find one so we used blue hair spray! Awesome, huh. She is quite the creative girl! And yes you DO need to come for Halloween. We would love it. I guess this was the 10th year they have been doing the festival at Harriman. The whole thing is sponsered by a bunch a businesses from the Upper Valley. I think Jocelyn is getting Walmart involved next year. Pretty cool thing! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute Lisa! I finally got on blogging and remembered that you had one too. It is adorable. Your kids are getting so big. We need to do something soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you don't mind my stalking your blog. Your husband is my teacher at EITC. I told him a while back that he looks like my husband. There's a family pic on my blog, you should check it out and see if I'm crazy or not. lol. You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete