Thursday, May 7, 2009

Turning 40




Today is my brother, Dennis's birthday. He turned 40 years old. I am not sure why society has made turning 40 a bad thing. I think it is wonderful. Dennis has hit a milestone in his life. And he has done so much in his life thus far and I know he will continue to do wonderful things.

I admire my brother. He is the one person that really makes me stop and think about what is happening around me. Growing up I was very self involved and didn't pay much attention to Dennis. He is 6 years older than me and I just didn't care what he was doing. I wish I had. I missed out on many years with him.

In the past 5 years I feel we have become closer and I have gotten to know him as a person not just a brother and it has been wonderful. I am lucky to have him in my life. He is caring, loving, compassionate, and very intelligent. I don't think he realizes the lessons he has taught me. If you know Dennis, you know that he deeply cares about what he believes in and he stands up for that belief know matter what. He will debate you till the end of time if it is something he truly believes in. I love that about him. I love that he will do whatever it takes. I don't know that I have the fortitude to do that. I hope that I do and if anyone has taught me to fight for the good things in this world it would be Dennis! I love him and I am proud to be his Sister. Happy Birthday Big Brother! I love you.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to a cool brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,

    You said, "He is the one person that really makes me stop and think about what is happening around me. Growing up I was very self involved and didn't pay much attention to Dennis. He is 6 years older than me and I just didn't care what he was doing. I wish I had. I missed out on many years with him."

    I hold almost the exact same feelings about Dennis. He opened my eyes to a lot of things in the world. You know that he is 9 years older than me and I, too, missed out on a lot of time with him. I miss you guys so much...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss you too Jeff, greatly! Hopefully we will see each other soon.....

    ReplyDelete